Sunday, February 09, 2014

song+dance (fff#18)

flash fiction friday trigger #18 (inclusion): dance, glance, trance, prance, pants

same song. same dance. a week of physical absence and digital lies before she'd prance in the house looking+smelling like her phenomenally intoxicating self. she'd crack a smile, shoot a wanting glance and my boiling rage would roll to a simmer and shortly evaporate away to soft warm happiness; pleased with her safety, her gaze, her touch, her warmth. same song. same trance would come over me every time she would gently slide her skirt from that playful position on her hips, lay on the bed and grab her perfectly shaped ass with that glance once more. i'd go to her. she'd grab a handful of my member and watch him grow from beneath my pants before revealing him and loving us both. we'd come together for the rest of the night. in the morning we'd share each other again, pushing against the tiled walls of our tiny shower stall like we were trying to remodel. for the days that followed we'd share dreams+ideas+laughs, and we'd cook for each other, and read to each other, and taste+smell+love like home for each other.
and as soon i thought maybe she'd stay, maybe we'd stay this time... she'd be gone.
each spell cast was always followed by another spell of absence and each absence helped me build up a resistance to it; like abusing a good drug. and it had become just that; i slowly stopped looking or asking for further digital lying but instead knew building up a tolerance to her drugging and eventually (i'd tell myself) i 'd be free of her spell.
in her absence i'd keep the house clean and the bills paid and the animals fed and the lawn trimmed. in her absence i'd perfect everything for her impending return, whenever it may be. in her absence i'd keep the fridge stocked and cook meals in case she appeared that night to a hot meal that would surely then have her asking herself why she ever leaves my side. at night in her absence her clothes would hang in the darkness next to mine, her dry towel would hang next to my damp one, her cold pillow would lay next to my head; all redolent with her sweet smell. our animals would do their best to fill her void with their love. in her absence my chest would tighten, i'd lay awake and wonder where she was, what she was doing, even if she was happy, but mostly i'd wonder why she kept me under this treacherous spell and when i would grow strong enough to break it.
same song. same dance. spell bound again.
a few mornings later i awake from a warm sleep to an icy cold room. i know before my eyes open that she's gone. i'm alone again with only the hot breath of our panting beast breaking the chill. the beast, thrilled with my open eyes wets my face with it's rank tongue startling all my senses and lifting me immediately to a sitting position where i would better suited to defend myself from it's aggressive love. it means i'll lift my empty dreams and slightly harder heart from beneath my cocoon and to my feet. i smoke a bit of the emptiness, the tightness, the hardness away before collaring me in cotton, it in metal and wandering out into the deepest blue morning darkness. dawn is minutes away.
me+beast wander. we turn a corner. and another. another. the paperboy avoids our side of the street; beast growls anyway. beast shits in the park; i leave it. another corner and the street lights begin to flicker off; the deep blue skies giving way for greens. another corner and another as we turn back onto our street; our little red brick castle just in the distance cast in increasingly vibrant yellows. i have my eyes on the lines of orange+pink that begin to streak down the clouds southeast edge. beast has it's eyes on the ground, searching and sniffing for every other beast available when it suddenly jerks my shoulder left up a driveway. beast's claws scrape the pavement as i resist. beast's ears tell me to listen. i hear only mumbling and then a car door. i force beast from the driveway and toward our castle despite it's continued resistance but as it fights back i glance to see an all too familiar bumper sticker back out the driveway. her eyes go as big as saucers as beast+me stand dumbfounded, heartbroken and hollow that this betrayal has gone on just four little kingdoms away. she considers words briefly but then decides against it. the bumper sticker beats us home. i close the gate to our/my/her kingdom and send beast for water, returning to my cocoon to find it already tainted with her warm wanting flesh.
she tries to sing. she tries to dance. i cocoon myself away from her spells. its cold.
hours later she strikes with her soft, warm dance again. i resist by my soldier disobeys my orders. she attacks him. he fights the good fight and wins and loses. defenses exhausted, we cocoon together and she whispers to me a new song i'd not heard before: a fable of how her adventure to the other kingdom is over, that she's chosen this castle+king and that our magic potion is now brewing a little prince/ss. i have no response. the realisation of her betrayal in such close proximity had hardened me beyond permeation. her spell is suddenly broken. the rehab over. her banishment can occur tomorrow.
we puff ourselves to sleep...
in the morning i'll sing+dance as she packs her bags.

1 comment: